Wednesday, February 25, 2009

January 7, 2009 - Early Morning


During prayer this morning:


The Lord interrupted me saying, "Did I not tell you that if you wouldest believe that you shouldest see the glory of God?" (John 11: 40)

I immediately recognized these as being the words that Jesus spoke unto Martha in John 11, when trying to persuade her that he was going to raise Lazarus (her brother) from the dead. I scurried to the office and dove into the scriptures to see that He had quoted it rightly to me.

Just as I was absorbing the word because of the way in which he had spoken to me, He spoke yet another, "Did I not say that if you would not grow weary in well doing, you should reap in due season if you would faint not?"

Now, I'm really beginning to feel an even greater impact and there's no mistaking that He is trying to convey an important message!

Just as I begin to flip through pages to locate the verse in Galatians 6:9; He speaks more!

Job 19: 25 -27 - For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God. Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Now, I'm quickened in my inner man to recognize a little bit of a mystery going on here. My mind swiftly goes back to John 11, knowing these are the very words spoken there by Martha, in reference to Jesus promise to raise Lazarus that day.

John 11:20-27 - Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him; but Mary sat still in the house. Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord; I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Look at the end result in each situation:

John 11: 43-45 - And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes; and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go. Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.

Job 42:1-17 - Then Job answered the Lord, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear I beseech thee, and I will speak; I will demand of thee, and declare thou thou unto me. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear; but now mine eye seeth thee. wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. And it was so, that after the Lord had spoke these words unto Job...and the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends; also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before...After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations. So Job died, being old and full of days.

Interpretation?

What I see is that the Lord is encouraging us to "believe in the NOW"! In both stories, neither of the parties were believing for a "deliverance' to come by the hand of God, to remedy their situation in their lifetime. However, that is exactly what God ultimately performed!

Could this be for our nations? Could it be something that God is urging us, as believers, to be on the lookout for in days to come? Will we be seeing a special move of God, a glorious performance, deliverance, or some kind of a very visible turn-around somewhere?

Calling all watchmen!


Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment